Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Belcourt (84 E. 4th St.)

On the corner of 4th Street & 2nd Avenue is a newly opened French bistro which I've come to love. I've been there a few times before, without my camera, so I'll blog the excellent lunch I had last week, then mention a few memorable dishes from my previous visits.

The decor screams of French Bistro & the food doesn't disappoint. The joint is only a few months old (it opened in October, I think) & it has a great ambience. The large windowed doors that run along the street-facing sides all open fully, so I can imagine that this place will be awesome in the spring/summer.

We sat down & were given a rather small lunch menu. Not exactly what I was expecting as the dinner menu is vast, but I was able to find something I would enjoy. Each dish is accompanied by a beer or cider pairing, which I thought was pretty cool.

I opted for the Boudin which was paired with an excellent cider. I'll admit that I expected something a little more filling, but the boudin was tasty, especially with the sauerkraut & grain mustard.


Both Stefan & Alesha got the lamb burger which was massive. As soon as it was set down on the table, I thought; "Man, I should have got that!" Luckily, Alesha only had half of hers, so I got a chance to taste it. I really enjoyed the burger & I hope to fire up my meat grinder in the near future & give the lamb burger a whirl. This dish was accompanied by Dogfish Head, an Indian Brown Ale.

All in all, lunch was very good & I enjoyed myself. On the dinner menu, I recommend both the Sweetbread & Octopus appetizers; these are absolutely amazing. If you're in the hood, check Belcourt out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you accually had the oyster menu. they run a full breakfast and lunch menu from 11 to 4 and then a short oyster menu from 4 to 5. dinner starts at five. i go all the time.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin