Friday, June 08, 2007

Viva Brazil!

I had the opportunity to check out Circus (132 East 61st St.) for some Brazilian fare. Now, normally, I wouldn't been seen dead in this neck of the woods, but it was my Dad's birthday, so I made the trip.

The decor is swanky yet cool & the staff were very friendly & attentive (it wasn't that busy by the time I arrived, an hour late). We popped a bottle of bubbly in celebration & prepared to order. We shared the snapper ceviche to start. It was served up in a martini glass (which I thought was cool), but I found it to be far too spicy. Luckily I had plenty of Verve Cliquot to wash it down.

Mom ordered the Churrasco, a tasy Brazilian mixed grill (Sirloin, Picanha and Linguica). The birthday boy had the Feijoada, a black bean stew with pork, beef & sausage - it was delicious. The real star of the night was my dish, Bacalhau. I've never seen (or tasted!) cod cooked to such a high level of perfection. Glazed to capacity with Miso & Cachaca, the fish was so fresh, that you would think it was caught today.

I really had a good time with the 'rents & the food was excellent. The dinner was reasonably priced considering the quality of the food & service... I might have to make another trip to midtown soon.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin