I made this delicious soup a few weeks ago for my Mom who was feeling a bit under the weather. Serves 4. (From Wolfgang Puck)
* 1.5 lbs mushroom, coarsely chopped (I put the entire lot in the blender, but I recommend doing it in portions)
* 2 tablespoons lemon juice
* 1 tablespoon butter
* 2 teaspoons minced shallots
* 1/4 teaspoon thyme
* 1 small bay leaf
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 teaspoon pepper
* 2 cups heavy cream
* 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
* 1 teaspoon cornstarch, dissolved in 1 tbs water
* 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
1. Sprinkle mushrooms with lemon juice.
2. Melt butter in large heavy saucepan and saute shallots.
3. Add mushrooms,thyme,and bay leaf, saute for 10 minutes.
4. Add salt, pepper, cream and chicken broth and bring to a boil.
5. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
6. Add cornstarch and simmer another 10 minutes,stirring.