Known lovingly as the "Bacon Explosion", we dubbed this mound of deliciousness 'The Beast'. Basically pork on top of pork on top of pork with a few of Ted's additions & smoked, this thing was amazing (pictured to the right with some smoked sausage).
Lem's new smoker made short work of this delicious little bundle of porky goodness.
1. Weave 12 slices of thick cut bacon into a lattice. It should measure about a square foot.
2. Flatten out 1 lb of Italian sausage meat & lay flat out on the bacon.
3. Add 2-3 slices of cooked, chopped bacon. Dousing in BBQ sauce is optional.
4. Add cheese. Again, this was optional, but I thought it could have used more cheese.
5. Roll up the Italian Sausage.
6. Roll the Beast into a tight package.
7. Season lightly & add to your smoker with your favorite lump wood. Smoke for 2-3 hours, slice & enjoy!
Unfortunately, I didn't get any pictures of the finished, sliced product as it was devoured pretty damn quickly. I'm not sure what type of wood was used for the smoking, but the bacon had a really sweet flavor that I loved. Nice work Ted!
This was a nice change in both taste and texture to most of the other foods were were eating on this year's Man Camp (full culinary coverage to follow!)