Monday, June 29, 2009

Fat Hippo Revisted!

My Dad recently celebrated his 77th birthday & we went to Fat Hippo (71 Clinton St. @ Rivington) for food & drinks. My brother, Stefan (Sous Chef Stef) had flown in a few days earlier to surprise my Dad. The menu has progressed from my last visit (click)

We started with the Burger Fondue which was really well received. A really fun whimsical play on fondue. The cheeses were delicious (unfortunately, I can't remember the names) & we really enjoyed this starter.

Earlier I had shown the group the picture of the monstrous sized Pork Chop that we had the last time we were at Fat Hippo for the soft opening party, so my Dad was really looking forward to ordering that. Unfortunately, they put a pork loin on the menu in it's place. Stefan got the steak which was delish. I opted for the Crab cake (my real motivation was the mac & cheese which is among the best in the city). The chicken was ordered as well as the seared tuna (highly recommended).

It was nice to try some of the dishes that I missed at the opening & everyone enjoyed the meal.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin