Wednesday, August 06, 2008

A Return To The Kitchen

As you may have noticed, there's been a real decline both in posts on the blog & Club Meals recently, but it looks as if we're back on track. The gang got together last night 'round Teddy's house for one hell of a meal.

The festivities started with a Watermelon & Basil martini. Normally not my cup of tea, I was too buy necking the stuff down to take a picture! Sorry :)

While we were all standing around the kitchen, Teddy served up Bacon wrapped Prunes w/Yancey's Horseradish Cheddar & Chili. An excellent amuse gueule with it's mix of sweet, savory & spicy. Trust me, these bad boys had a nice little kick to them & didn't last long!

We moved to the table (& onto the next bottle of wine) for the next course; Brandied Chicken Liver Parfait, Tarragon Butter, Parsley & Roasted Peach Salad. Honestly, I don't know how Teddy does it. I've tried to make this parfait several times & I just can't get anywhere near as good as his... Flavorful & creamy, it was awesome with the light salad.



We had a little time to ponder just how badass the meal was while Teddy was searing the next course; Roast Wild Sea Bass w/Tomatoes & Montpellier Butter. Having seared the bass before putting it into the oven, the skin was a deliciously crispy. I've never had (or heard of) Montpellier Butter, but wow, it went very well with the fish & the sweetness of the tomatoes. Another great course.

Next up was Peppered Beef Filet, Fennel & Lemon Salad, Sweet potato & Blueberry/Balsamic Sauce. The house looked like a smokehouse as Teddy seared this lovely piece of meat. It was served rare as hell, just how us ravenous carnivores like it, atop delicious sweet potato mash. I tried to get a bit of each element in every bite & I was in heaven.

We ended the night with dessert; Classic British Treacle Tart, Lemon Balm Syrup, Clotted Cream. Now, I'm not really into sweets, but the dessert was quite possibly one of the best I've had in quite some time. Believe me when I say that the crust was to die for! We tucked into this while drinking an awesome sparkling wine; Scrapona Moscato D'asti. Lovely!

1 comment:

Canadian Bacon said...

Nice crown there Teddy!! Was this to celebrate your new found "liberty"? Man, these pics are making me hungry. You need to teach us how you do that pate too... absolutely delicious.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin