Saturday, August 30, 2008

BBQ at Porkey Pete's Place


Ahhhh, memories of last summer. It is now fall, and I am just getting to post this now. Ridicuous, considerint I had some of the best bbq in my life just a couple months ago at Pete's place. One Saturday afternoon, I headed over to Porkey Pete's place for what was told to be a day of good bbq and "awesome appetizers." Being somewhat of a bbq fanatic myself, I wasn't expecting to be overly impressed. Not that I had doubts in Pete (how could I? the man is a trained chef), but I've eaten plenty of good bbq in my time - so I just wasn't expecting to be "blown away."




I guess what I wasn't prepared for was this tremendous feast that ensued. Corn bread baked with smoked bacon chunks, a molasses bbq sauce, great cole slaw, and peach pie (leaf lard, the fat from around the pig's kidney, I am told is the key) all made their way to the table.
I'm not going to say too much here, since this wasn't a TNC night, and I'd feel bad teasing all the boys that didn't make it. But it was one of the most memorable slabs of smoked rib I have ever had. Good one Pete - bravo.


Dan and Porkey. Look how happy they are?










No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin