Friday, December 22, 2006

Go Go Gadget Grinder!


I used to have a hand crank meat grinder (that my parents lovingly bought for me), but I found it to be a huge pain in the ass & I eventually upgraded to a Waring Pro electric meat grinder. Pulling this bad boy out of the box, I had goosebumps! Dan & Missy were having a Tex-Mex themed Xmas booze-athon so I chose to make some chili.

I bought a 3lbs sirloin top roast & prepared my grinder. I cut the meat into grinder-friendly sized chunks & put the medium-sized plate on the beast. The grinder is incredibly noisy & to be quite honest, I loved it! The meat was dispatched without much effort & I gave it a quick browning.

I removed the sirloin from the pot & sauteed some onions & garlic, I then added the meat back to the pot with my 'secret chili seasoning', red beans & tomato sauce. I had it on a low heat for about 3 hours; Yum!




The party went off without a hitch & there was plenty of food to be had. Dan made a VAT of insane rum cider & a pot of the spiciest meatballs I've ever had.





After drinking way too much booze & eating far too much food, we headed to Against The Grain (620 E. 6th St.) for some exotic beers & oyster shooters. Chris turned me onto the Porkslap which I found to be excellent. As usual, we headed to 7B & Closed it down...
Blog Widget by LinkWithin