Monday, February 25, 2008

Sushi Hai (3600 W. 32nd Ave. Denver, CO)

Coming from New York, where we're so spoiled for choice in all foods, I really didn't expect to find good sushi in Denver. Luckily, my sister took me to Sushi Hai in the Highland area.




We got there early on Friday, so we were able to miss the rush & hit up the tail end of happy hour. The decor is really swanky & you can tell that the place is relatively new. Sitting at a large booth, we started to order. We opted for the usuals; California roll (not my favorite), Edamame & Spicy Tuna roll. We topped off our plates with a special roll; The # Nine & some sushi; Salmon, Tuna, Yellowtail & Freshwater Eel.

All of the sushi was good (I found the color of the tuna to be a little strange, like an extremely dark purple), but I really enjoyed the #9 which was a crab & tempura shrimp roll with salmon & avocado on top. Top notch stuff. I really shows how versatile Japanese cuisine can be, ingredients can be combined into infinite variations with ease.

Even though I'm a 'Sushi Snob', I really had a great meal at SushiHai & found it to be very reasonably priced, so if any of you New Yorkers are in the Denver area (or, if you live in Denver & have stumbled on this blog), give it a look. They also have an awesome 3000 sq. ft. bar/lounge which looks wicked (we weren't able to check it out as we had sprouts in tow).


Awstin Agrees!

1 comment:

ben said...

hey Teddy! got my goat milk coming this wednesday - ill be making some fresh chevre. should be ready by the weekend or the following monday. ill holler.
-ben bar great harry

Blog Widget by LinkWithin