Friday, October 06, 2006

Minca!

I hit up Minca (536 E 5th St) with Dan (yeah, him again) for a late lunch/early dinner. I've been there quite a few times & I love the place. I brought my trusty camera to document the outing. If you're fans of Soba-Ka or Rai Rai Ken, then I suggest you check Minca out.

I ordered the Basic Ramen (which I get every time) & Dan got the Tsukemen. The noodles are cooked to perfection & topped with slow roasted pork (or you can substitute free range chicken), mushrooms, cabbage, a seaweed square & half of a soy infused boiled egg - pure heaven. Though we didn't order any today, the pork gyoza there are excellent. The gyoza are hand prepared daily & are guaranteed fresh!



My Basic:


Burp! Try as I might, I just couldn't finish it. I nearly got there, but my stomach raised the white flag.

Dan's Tsukemen:


Yet another tasty dish falls victim to Dan's bottomless stomach!

All in all, it was an excellent dining experience. The meal costed us $21 with tip (no drinks, but you do get an excellent barley tea with your meal). Normally, I'm a really picky person about eating; bad table manners drive me up the wall. What I really love about Minca is that I can let my hair down & slurp all I want. I'm handy with the chopsticks, but I tend to fling soup everywhere & I often leave covered in small dots of garlic & miso goodness.

Fuller than a fatted calf, I quickly retired back to my Apt. for some much needed sleep.

For more noodle-related tomfoolery, check out Pinknest's review of Momofuku

1 comment:

pinknest said...

sounds good and cheap! must go.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin