Friday, June 16, 2006

Thursday Club 6/15/06

- Panko Crusted Scallops with Green Chile Chutney.
- Spicy Grilled Tilapia with Creamy Grits & Mushroom Scallion Sauce.
- Chocolate Covered Strawberries, Coffee & More Booze.

My third outing din't fare quite as well as the first two. I normally troll the internet for dinner ideas, gather recipes together & make my own dishes out of the bits of each recipe that I like. Well, the scallops & strawberries turned out amazingly, but I really didn't follow the instructions for the jerk seasoning for the tilapia as dilligently as I should of. The recipe called for a third of a cup of jerk seasoning, which I found hard to believe, so I tripled it to a full cup.

I grilled some carrot slices for presentation & plated my tilapia... Each bite was a 5 alarm fire, hotter than the sun! I guess sometime you have to learn the hard way...



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good thing we had enough Champagne to put out the fire!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin