Tuesday, July 03, 2007
Thursday Club 06/28/07
The gang descended on Brooklyn to sample some of Teddy's skills. With enough wine to sink a ship, we were ready to roll.
- Brandade de morue (gratin of salt cod).
- Beetroot & apple salad w/horseradish cream.
- Walnut & mushroom ravioli. morels & black truffle butter.
- Duck confit, bing cherries & truffled duck liver sauce.
- Wine-poached pear with blackberry coulis, bleu d'auvergne shortbread.
The salt cod starter was simply delightful. Salty, creamy & topped with cheese, it was an excellent opening dish.
Now here's where I'm going to have fun. Ever since Teddy's scathing review of my Japanese-inspired meal a few weeks ago (Ok, I'll admit that it was a half-assed attempt) I've been looking for a chance at some payback. Teddy's 2nd course was actually pretty bad, which is rare for T-diddy, but hey, it happens, right?
Teddy redeemed himself with the ravioli. Flavorful, buttery, excellent.
The duck followed & boy was that a treat! The richness of the liver sauce when mixed with the sweetness of the cherries was pure heaven!
With barely an inch to spare in my gut, Teddy brought out the final course which was very light & really tasty. Nicely done Diddy!