Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Royale (157 Avenue C)

I had a chance to check out the swanky Burger Bar, Royale (157 Avenue C @ 10th Street) this weekend with some friends that were visiting from out of town.

I've been meaning to go there for quite some time, so I was very excited to finally get a chance to taste their food. It was pretty quiet as it was a Sunday night & we were seated immediately. The decor is cool, TVs beamed out sports & the staff were very friendly. I ordered a cheeseburger (medium-rare obviously) with Cheddar cheese. I was somewhat surprised by the lack of cheese selection (Cheddar or American), but I wasn't going to let that get in the way. I also ordered my new favorite beer, Porkslap, which was a jaw-dropping (& probably liver-failing) bargain at $3.

The burger arrived in a no-frills basket, cooked to perfection. I literally might have found the perfect burger. Needless to say, the thing was dispatched with haste.

At $6 a pop for an amazing burger & with $3 Porkslaps, it looks like I won't be going to Corner Bistro any more.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin