Thursday, January 29, 2009

Peasant (194 Elizabeth St @ Spring St.)

I had a chance to eat at Peasant recently, it was a spur of the moment thing & I didn't have my camera, but I'll attempt to describe the meal as best I can. It was a Friday night & the original reservation was at 10pm for 2, but as the night wore on, more & more of us decided to tag along. In the end there were 6 of us. When we arrived, or table wasn't ready, so we ended up sitting by the bar & drinking wine till just after 11.

We shared 3 starters; Mozzarella Di Bufala, Bocconcini & the special of the night, Rabbit Livers. The cheese was really fresh & creamy, but the showstopper were the livers, truly amazing. I've never had rabbit liver before, but trust me when I say that I'll be ordering them whenever I see them on a menu.

I ordered the Stuffed Quail w/Polenta which was really, really good. The Lasagne Con Capretto was also very popular with the diners. Despite the long wait to be seated (not their fault really), the entire meal was very satisfying. The food was excellent, the service was out of this world & the decor of Peasant is awesome, particulartly the kitchen. It's a bit on the pricey side, but I think that it's worth it... Go there if you like rustic Italian food & good wine.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin