Monday, November 20, 2006

The Colonel can't touch this!


Inspired by what may be the best video on Youtube, I decided to cook up some fried chicken as my sister & nephew were coming to visit.

Now I've made fried chicken before, but 3 things made this attempt really shine. Firstly, I marinated the chicken in seasoned buttermilk overnight & used the buttermilk as the binding agent for the flour instead of eggs - far superior.

The last time I used my stainless steel All-Clad pans (which I was just getting used to at the time) & I did have some trouble with the chicken sticking to the pan. My non-stick 14" Caphalon pan eliminated this problem altogether.

Instead of cooking the chicken entirely on the stove, I browned them a bit & then finished them off in a 350 degree oven, ensuring crispy skin on the outside, but tender meat on the inside.


I made a simple macaroni salad, so there we have it, fried chicken, macaroni salad, ketchup & hot sauce... Boom! The Colonel can't touch this!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin